History of the Land

On the westerly side of a drumlin known as Gibbet Hill, existed an 80-acre parcel of land known as Half Moon Meadow. 

1684

Jonas Prescott purchased a parcel of meadows from Jonathan Lawrence for 1 pound 10 shillings.  


1828-1855:  

Joseph Hall farmed the property.


1897

Major General William A. Bancroft bought   from Sarah A. Boutwell 34 acres, including the entrance across from  Town Hall and the land of John Moyle,  13 acres on Martins Pond Road. He  bought 9.72 acres from Everett Gerrish and 5.3 acres from Emma Shumway,  who lived next door to the Boutwell house.


1919

The property was deeded to Dennis Connolly


1928

The property was then deeded to Joseph Connolly


1947-1952

Gibbet Hill Farm property operated  as a dairy farm and was sold to Barbara Danielson, and then to her  daughter Marion Danielson Strachan. 


2000

Gibbet Hill Farm was sold to Steven and Nancy Webber. 


2001

An 80-acre parcel, known as Half Moon Meadow, was sold to Daniel McElroy, proprietor of Groton Center Farms.